I believe Geraldine
would approve of what has been done with her estate, although she would have been irritated that so many men are involved.
ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED
The 2013 Pascall Prize Application Guidelines are for your information only.
2013 Application guidelines
The Pascall Prize
The current value of the Pascall Prize is $15,000 (AUD). The Recipient may spend the funds in any way he/she chooses. A person is only eligible to win the Prize once.
Any person currently and regularly engaged in the practice of critical writing or broadcasting about any branch of the arts is eligible for the Pascall Prize.
The Recipient’s work should be published, broadcast or webcast no less frequently than monthly and should have appeared on at least 10 occasions in the previous year.
Work entered may relate to any aspect of the creative or performing arts, including so-called 'popular culture'. The word 'arts' is to be interpreted broadly so as to include, for example, radio and television, photography, architecture, food and wine as well as literature, visual arts and performing arts.
It is expected that the Recipient's work will be published regularly via print, radio, televison or any other broadcast media, including the internet. The Recipient should have a broad, non-specialist audience.
A critic may nominated by:
a) him or herself;
b) his or her editor;
c) any member of the public;
d) Directors of the Geraldine Pascall Foundation; or
e) a member of the Judging Panel.
Entries must be received by
5pm Friday AEDST 1 March 2013.
1. If submitting the Entry online fill in the Online Entry Form. Make sure to include all required fields and attachments.
2. If submitting the Entry by email please download the Entry Form from our website and one copy of each article, transcript or digital recording to pascall
3. If submitting the Entry by hard copy please download, print and post one (1) copy of the Entry Form and five (5) copies of each article, transcript or digital recording (on CD, DVD or memory sticks) to:
Geraldine Pascall Foundation
Level 4, 67 Castlereagh Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Article Publish Dates
Eight (8) examples of original work ('Articles') are to be submitted. All Articles submitted must have been published, broadcast or webcast later than 1 August 2011 and at least one of the Articles must have been published, broadcast or webcast on or after 1 December 2012.
The Directors of the Geraldine Pascall Foundation will receive all nominations and may reject any nominations that do not fulfill the Pascall Prize criteria, at their absolute discretion.
Nominees will be:
a) acknowledged that their work has been received;
b) informed of the outcome of the judging process; and
c) notified whether they are the Recipient or not, prior to the formal announcement of the Prize.
The Directors of the Geraldine Pascall Foundation will select a Panel of Judges. The Judges will make their decision on the basis of the work submitted and will choose a Recipient of the Prize. The Recipient’s principal occupation might be other than arts criticism, including more general forms of writing or broadcasting, but the Pascall Prize is for work that offers an opinion on the arts.
The Recipient will be notified by phone and/or email approximately one month before the public announcement.
The Recipient will be announced in May 2013. The Geraldine Pascall Foundation will publish an e-newsletter following the announcement.
The Recipient will be required to send the following documentation to the Geraldine Pascall Foundation at least one week before the public announcement:
1. a high-resolution portrait photograph (digital format, high resolution, and suitable for reproduction);
2. a soft copy of his/her biography; and
3. a prepared speech (2-3 minutes in duration) for delivery at the announcement event in May.
The Recipient, subject to consultation, is required to
• be available for media interviews;
• participate in events promoted by the Geraldine Pascall Foundation;
• record audio/visual recordings for archival purposes as well as various media including the internet;
• use best endeavours to be identified as the “2013 Pascall Prize (Australian) Critic of the Year” where suitable, such as in ‘go-lasts’ on pieces published in • newspapers, magazines, interviews or when appearing on radio, television or the internet.
Fill in the Online Entry Form. Make sure to include all required fields and attachments.
Enter by mail, fax or email
Download and print the PDF Entry Form (right). Complete all details and mail, fax or email to us
Geraldine Pascall Foundation
67 Castlereagh St
Sydney NSW 2000
F +61 2 9221 8201
(if you do not hear from us, we recommend you call to confirm receipt of your Entry Form and Attachments).